Tuesday, January 8, 2013

mas muffins

Okay...........  so my sister-in-law and I have a little joke that if I make something that tastes gross, she can say its "francisco" and it's a code word that is less offensive to me than if she just said she didn't like it.
So..... both sisters came over for a slumber party on Sunday and I wanted to make muffins.  But didn't have a lot of the things the recipe called for (because we're just home for a month in Bako before we drive back up to Canada).
Soooo.... here's what I did...... and I didn't tell my S-I-L until we ate them, and they were good.
hhaaa
I didn't have oats, or artificial sweetener...
So I mixed together:
3 C breakfast cereal (I used cinnamon chex and captain crunch)
1 C wheat (or any) flour
2 t  baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
(And you better believe my measurements weren't precise)
Then I mixed in:
2 eggs
2/3 C milk
2 C applesauce
1 C sugar
2 t vanilla

Then I put in bananas, strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, and peanut butter (oh yeah......  didn't measure)

And baked at 375F until done.
Today I made more. 
Same recipe, but this time, didn't measure the sugar, and used cereal that looks like kibbles and bits,
Didnt have eggs, so used water instead....
Didn't have applesauce so I pureed apples.....
Didn't have fancy fruit so just used bananas and peanut butter. 

oh yeah.............................
delicious!
So the moral of this story???
As long as you got baking soda, baking powder, and some eggs........ you can make muffin ANYTHING!!!!
PS.....  THIS ISNT ME "KISSY-FACE". THIS IS ME SAYING...."OOOOOOO" HAHAHA

1 comment:

  1. ooopppps I means to say I didn't have MILK... so I used WATER instead. I DID USE EGGS. hahaa

    ReplyDelete