Monday, November 12, 2012

Have I soup'n gone mad???

Yes.... yes.... possibly ..... I have gone mad. 
Why???? Because I can't get enough homemade SOUP!!!
I always hated soup before.  I didn't want to DRINK dinner.  I wanted my meal to be something I could really sink my teeth into..... no.... chicken broth  NADA. 
And now... yes.....  I'm soup'n mad!
Cecil too, I guess... because I made soup last night  for probably the 10th time in the last 2 months and we ate the leftovers today for lunch.  And when Cecil went to put Solas (our 3yrold) down right now... and I asked if he'd like to eat something.... he said, "I'll eat some soup if you make some".  hahahhaaa 
So.. yes..   I'm making soup.  I still hate brothy soups.  And even though everytime I make some, its different (don't care for recipes)......  Here are the essentials to EVERY SOUP I make:
  • 1 or 2 heeping tablespoons of beef broth
  • 3 cups of milk
  • 3+ cups of water (depending on who's com'n for dinna)
  • chopped onion
  • rice
  • potatoes
  • veggies
  • and meat.....  (didn't have much defrosted today except pepperoni-so I chopped that shiz)
  • Salt/pepper/hot sauce to taste
I dare you to make your own soup.  I bet you'll love it. 
Gotta go... Cec just came in and asked if the food is ready....
love ya!
~Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment